Lems Trailhead V2 Mountain to Town Retro Sneaker Mens - Sage
If the original Trailhead wasn’t the ideal shoe for you, whether it was too narrow or uncomfortable, we couldn’t be more excited for you to experience the improvements we’ve made. Here at Lems, we fully believe you will fall in love with the new Trailhead, and we’re excited to hear what you think about it.
If you're looking for a pair of minimalist hiking shoes that can do it all, the Trailhead V2 is the answer to your every move. Comprised of microfiber and air mesh, with a full-length rubber outsole, these lightweight vegan friendly trail shoes are equipped to take on the trail and tackle the city streets, all in the same day.
*Please Note: The Trailhead has a slimmer fit than the Primal 2 - WE RECOMMEND ORDERING THIS IN A HALF SIZE GREATER THAN YOUR USUAL UK SHOE SIZE.
Engineered with a new, low profile, rubber tread that has the best of both worlds: ample traction on trails, AND excellent durability on pavement.
WIDE TOE BOX
We've re-designed the original Trailhead Last for a more active fit. This new V2 sneaker features a foot-shaped toe box, paired with a slim heel fit.
The upper is made of durable materials that stand up to the abuses of trails, and also daily wear and tear.
RETRO SNEAKER STYLING
We wanted a shoe that can perform both on the trails AND look great around town - so we took inspiration from 90's running sneakers.
LOW HEEL DROP
With 4mm of drop, compared to the traditional 12mm of drop, the Trailhead naturally decreases heel-striking for a more natural gait and healthier posture.
When your foot is on too soft of cushion, you end up with pain and discomfort. We've formulated a firm EVA midsole that'll keep your feet happy all day long.
ALL-ADVENTURE, TRAVEL ANYWHERE SHOE
Our newest and most versatile shoe yet, the Lems Mountain Sneaker is our take on a minimalist hiking shoe equipped for any trail, trek or urban travel adventure. With its wide toe box, minimal heel drop, and lightweight design, it's sure to keep pushing your boundaries. Whether you're climbing a 14er, going on a bike and brew tour, or even backpacking around the world, the Trailhead will be sure to take you far away from the ordinary. Designed for the trail but styled for the city streets, this 100% vegan hiking shoe will be the answer for your every move.
- COLLECTION: Mountain to Town
- COLORWAYS: 3 - Sequoia, Redwood and Sage
- UPPER: Microfiber and air mesh
- MIDSOLE: EVA
- TRAIL-TO-TOWN OUTSOLE: Full length rubber specifically engineered for both trail and pavement
- LAST: Active Functional Fit V2 is wider than original
- FOOTBED: 4.5mm breathable molded PU
- DROP: 4.0mm
- SOLE THICKNESS: 17mm/21mm
- WEIGHT: 11.7 oz. (Men's 9) / 9.5 oz. (Women's 7)
- ADDITIONAL INFO: Vegan friendly
- WIDER TOEBOX: We widened the toebox on the updated Trailhead, giving more space to the toes (specifically the 4th and 5th) but kept it slimmer and sleeker than the toeboxes found in our origin series.
- MORE FLEXIBILITY: We removed the 1.2mm TPU rock plate, after realizing that our rubber outsole provides enough stability and protection. The increased flexibility allows for a more efficient stride and better proprioceptive feel of the terrain. Even with these changes, the Trailhead is still a great shoe for hiking.
- BETTER HEEL FIT: The heel has been changed and adapted to create a more comfortable fit than the original Trailhead.
- MIDSOLE AND OUTSOLE DENSITY: By decreasing the hardness of the EVA midsole and rubber by approximately 10%, we were able to increase the flexibility and create a more comfortable sole platform within the Trailhead.
- DECREASED MIDSOLE ARCH THICKNESS: The arch area was dropped by 1.5mm, which lowered the effective drop of the shoe. This led to the 4mm drop feeling less raised than it previously did.
- BUNION AREA OVERLAY REMOVED: We removed the overlay that wrapped around the first metatarsal, taking away the pressure point over this area, making the shoe feel wider in the ball of the foot.
TONGUE SHOELACE KEEPER SIMPLIFIED: To release some of the pressure at the top of the foot, we updated the lace keeper to a simpler structure.
ARCH BAND LINING REMOVED: We removed the additional lining material that wrapped the arch of the foot for a more comfortable fit in the instep area.
- LOGO CHANGE: Last but not least, we updated the label on the tongue, to our new "LEMS" Mountain logo